Cannot view Computer properties, Windows Update, Action Center ...
I've recently come up with a bit of a weird problem.
When I right click on Computer and select Properties, nothing happens.
I did not act on it because I would get the same information by running "sysdm.cpl".
However, as it turns out there are several problems with viewing different tasks in control panel also.
* If I have "View by: Category" set in Control Panel, none of the links will cause any action if I click them.
The headlines works, though (System and Security, Network and Internet, etc).
But none of the links beneath the headlines.
* Same applies when I'm within a category, say "System and Security".
The headlines works, but not the other links.
* If I select Windows Update from my Start Menu, nothing happens.
If I go to Control Panel -> System and Security -> Windows Update stuff works.
* None of the "See also" links (which appears in the lower left corner) works
This is an incredible annoying problem.
I have not confirmed this, but I think the problem may have occurred after I:
* Installed IOBIT Toolbox and ran "Winfix" program
* Installed TortoiseSVN which altered the context menu
When I run "sfc /scannow" it tells me it could not fix a file.
That file is "iassdo.dll.mui".
I have no errors in my Event logger which could tell something about the circumstances of the problem
Since I am not able to view "Archived Messages" in Action Center, I cannot retrieve any messages from there
My conclusion is that Windows thinks there's nothing wrong, which leads me to believe this is something serious...
An complete re-install of the OS is something I don't want to go through, as I have spent an incredibly amount of time on installing softwares, configuring them, and so on.
I have some Recovery Points available, but since I can't tell when the problem started I don't want to "guess" (as I would loose alot of data if my guess is wrong).
Anwsers to the Problem Cannot view Computer properties, Windows Update, Action Center ...
Download Error Fixer (Free)
- Go to the Start button.
- In the Search box, type "regedit" (without quotes) and press Enter.
- Look for the following registry key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE Microsoft SQMClientWindowsDisabledSessions".
- On the right window pane, delete the subkey: "Machine Throttling".
- Reboot your system.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Cannot view Computer properties, Windows Update, Action Center ...:
How to Fix Cannot view Computer properties, Windows Update, Action Center ... with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: Batch Re-arrangement Of Excel Columns With Multiple Files
,Black Screen Followed By Extremely Slow Boot, But No Entry In Event Log
,Bang Authenticate Dll Error - Receive Error Message: "Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Webpage"
,Black Screen And Restoring To Factory Settings
,Browsers Are All Set To Unavailble And I Can Not Change The Default
,C:UsersMyNameFavoritesFavoritesFavoritesFavoritesFavoritesFavoritesFavoritesFavorites...Favorites Refers To A Location That Is Unavailable.....bla Bla Bla__
,Calculate "Median" In Totals Row Of Pivot Table
,Brightness Does Not Work After Downloading The New Windows 8.1 (ATIV Book 8)
,BSOD While Browsing With Chrome - Crash Address Ntoskrnl.exe+5a440
,Can Someone Tell Me What The Different Is In Using A Subform In A Main Form Instead Of Creating A Form Outside Of The Main Form And Dragging It Into The Main Form?
,Can I Uninstall IE10 Directly Back To IE8?
,Can I Work With Excel Spreadsheets And Make Changes On Them On A Kindle Fire Or Ipad
,Can't Get A Used To Part Of The Network PC Connect To Regular Internet At Home.
,CAN'T DOWNLOAD ATTACHMENTS FROM EMAIL OR DOWNLOAD ANYTHING FROM A WEBSITE
,Can't Install AutoCad 2009 On Windows 7 As It States Can't Install On This Version Of Windows
,Can't Get Rid Of Network Place That Is Powered Off...?
,Can't Pair Blueant X5i Wireless Headset With Windows Vista.
,Can't Shut Down Windows 7
,Can't Send Emails On Windows Mail --- Error 0x800CCC0B Comes Up
Read More: Cannot start plug&play service.error:1079.The account specified for this is different than specified for other services running the same process. Tech Support
,Cannot send or receive e mails error number 0x800CCC0E Anwsered
,How Can You Fix Canon Lide 200 scanning multiple page document to one file
,Cannot open up Outlook 2007
,How to Fix Error - Cannot use search engine. Error – system times out?
,Can you have Multiple security programs?
,Can someone tell me how I can get rid of Microsoft Visual++++ Runtime error?
,Can't boot up on Windows 8 recovery disks
,can you read this minidump file please?
,Can't Find Windows Fax and Scan